Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Little Oasis

It has been in the high 90s here the past few days. So after a super exciting run (honestly, I am that point in my life) to the new Target (love it love it love it) where there was no summer stuff to be found (darn you back to school display), I draggged two hot, sweaty kids and myself to the sketchiest Walmart in the US to buy a kiddie pool. It was worth the hour of disinfecting required after a visit to that Walmart (just kidding, sort of). It has been a big hit and was only improved by creating a makeshift waterslide!


Yes, our back patio resembles a little bit of Appalachia/trailer park...

When I got home from work yesterday, Georgia wouldn't wait to even put a bathing suit on before she was in the pool.
And again at 8:30 this morning (hey it was already in the 80s)!

A happy girl snacking on Trader Joe Graham Crackers (the BEST I have ever had...perfect for s'mores) after 2 hours in the pool (which was promptly followed by another 30 minutes, a 3 hour nap, and another hour in the pool). Georgia is starting to resemble a prune!

No comments: